Hello from very sunny PEI!
It’s Friday and I’m counting blessings with Susanne and the Friday Fave gang at Living To Tell The Story.
1. Beach days. This may explain why my blog posting has been somewhat sporadic 🙂
One glorious sunny day after another!
2. Strawberry season ~ sweet!
Strawberries on cereal, in yogurt, crushed over ice-cream and shortcake and, of course, jam!
I like to display the fruits of my labour for a few days before I store them away.
3. You can’t have strawberry jam without fresh biscuits.
This recipe is delicious and only takes a few minutes to whip up. I’ll post it next week – promise!
Biscuits with strawberry jam and cheese is a typical Island lunch (lunch to Islanders, means evening snack, not the noontime meal 🙂
4. My boys’ band, Paper Lions, launched their new acoustic album at Trailside Cafe, a lovely, intimate setting and a wonderful show! Roger and I had so much fun and were so proud of our boys! We don’t often get to hear them live, as most of their shows are after midnight. Too late for these old folks 🙂
5. Here’s my final fave ~ if you’re around Charlottetown this summer, you may see my girl dressed up as a Lady of Confederation. She’s really enjoying this summer job as she reenacts the history of Confederation, takes visitors on walking tours, plays endless rounds of croquet and poses for pictures.
(I had to coax a smile from the girls in the last picture- they’re required to stay in character and smiling for photos was not done in the 1800s. But . . . mothers have a bit of influence!)
Here’s a fun way to learn a bit of the history that Sarah reenacts. A 3 minute clip performed by a Grade 8 class from my hometown Montague. It was the winning entry in a Parks Canada contest and the prize was a trip to Banff National Park for the whole class. They did a marvelous job! There’s a bit of French at the start of the video but if your French is rusty, don’t worry. It shifts quickly to English.
Thanks again for coming by and don’t forget to say hi! I love to read your comments.