We’re making blessing lists ~  counting joys ~ saying thanks! Join us at Susanne’s, Living To Tell The Story.

The first week of Sept – enJOYment!

1. An evening down at the shore, clamming with friends.

A full moon and low tide ~ perfect for digging bar clams.

Of course. not everyone dug bar clams.

Someone had to document the evening,

record all that hard labour,

and keep track of success.

And, someone needed to help everyone else  remember how beautifully the light reflected on sea and sand.

And who would ever want to forget that magnificent sky?

Ahem . . . good thing I brought my camera along!

2. The weather turned this last week – although it isn’t officially fall yet, there’s just a hint of crisp freshness in the air. And that is just enough to put me in the bread-making mood.

The kitchen never smells better than when you pull a deliciously fragrant loaf of bread from the oven.

3. Late afternoon sunshine in September.

Everything drenched in a magical golden wash.

Ice-cream castles in the air.

4. Sweet cherry tomatoes from the garden – nature’s candy!

5. Sarah’s movie of our family get-together on Labour Day. Introducing Rob and Dorothy’s new puppy, “Winnie”. Sweet times!

So glad you could come by for a visit!

Wishing each of you a joy-filled weekend!

18 thoughts on “FFF~ enJOYment

1. Getting caught up on your blog. 🙂 I love those photos on the water. It's so beautiful!

2. Jill says:

Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you have the photographic talent to match your beautiful locations and activities. I DO wish I was there too! And that there I was hearing the sounds that surrounded the clam digging.Baby girl! Mmmwah!

That glimmering shot of the water and sand just took my breath away. Beautiful scenes all around you. Jealous of your tomato harvest… nature's candy indeed!

4. Bev K says:

My favourite picture is the one of the sun on the water but then the home movie trumped it! Thank you for this delightful glimpse into your family life. We grandmothers never tire of seeing and hearing and holding those precious little ones. My youngest grandprincess is 16 months now and her baby brother is due in October. It's all joy!

5. Laura says:

What a lovely Labour Day, and thanks for sharing it with us. You are so talented — with both types of cameras. I had a feeling our closing shot might be of the sweet baby girl. She's a doll. This looks like it was a great family time.

I'm glad you were the photo journalist at the Clam Dig. That water, that beach, that sky! Wow!

7. Faith says:

gorgeous photos as always…I always enjoy coming over here and just seeing all the beautiful colors. and what a fun video!! cute puppy and adorable baby! enJOY your weekend! 🙂

8. Lorna says:

I can smell the bread baking – the best!!! The video was wonderful – especially at the end. Josie is precious.

What BEAUTIFUL pictures! I think I would like your job the best on that clam dig. ;v)Your bread is making my mouth water!

10. Kim says:

Love, love, LOVE the video!!!!! Thanks for making my morning that much brighter, Kathie!

11. Kari says:

your photo's are always so breathtaking – absolutely beautiful.what a wonderful week you had – thanks for sharing.

12. Jerri says:

I'm so glad you could document "how beautifully the light reflected on sea and sand. " It is soooo beautiful.I'm glad you are having a taste of fall. I am so looking forward to its arrival here in the USA.

13. Barbara H. says:

Such a day does indeed need documenting! Gorgeous photos. It's not feeling fallish here in TN yet — hopefully soon!

14. Gattina says:

What a lovely place for holidays, your pictures are beautiful !

Oh what fun! Glad you documented the clamming and the day with family. Just the right kind of fun for everyone including the doggies! Love the ending of the video with that sweet little ones giggles!

16. Niki says:

What a lovely post to share with us! I totally enJOYed it :)Your grandaughter is adorable! They are so precious.Thank you for putting a smile on my face today,blessings,Niki

17. Well, I finally figured out whey the shorter pants are/were called clam diggers!Those photos were wonderful! You captured many lovely moments!

18. Beth says:

LOVE this video! What a lovely weekend with your precious family!