Welcome to this week’s edition of Friday’s Favourite Five hosted by the lovely Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.
Pull your chair a little closer to the woodstove and I’ll pour you a cup of hot tea. You’ll need it – we’re in a deep freeze. Record cold temperatures – with the wind it feels like -37C (-34.6F). That’s cold! Even for hardy Canadians. 🙂 But the sun is shining brightly through the kitchen windows and the fire in the wood-stove is blazing, so we’re keeping warm and cosy.
Many lovely blessings to count this week starting with
1. a little visitor who came to our house last Saturday!
We read stories, sang songs, played peek-a-boo and took a “few” photos 🙂
It was a cloudy day but not very cold, so Auntie Sarah took Josie on her first sleigh ride.
2. More photo sweetness! Sarah needed a few head shots for her Theatre Arts program. These were taken by my talented daughter in law, Dorothy.
I love them all but I think this sweet smile is my favourite!
3. Indoor blooms! Very cheery on a cold winter day. I don’t even know the name of this plant but I’m sure Carolyn or Anne will know. I bought it at the grocery store a few years ago. It was blooming then, but this is the first time it has bloomed again. Such a treat!
4. Loving my art class! I’m an absolute beginner and it’s quite challenging. But I love to learn.
5. I have to add our hard-working wood stoves for my final favourite.
We have two stoves – one in the kitchen and one in the basement family room They keep the house lovely and warm even in these frigid temperatures. We haven’t had to turn on the furnace at all.
And of course a stove wouldn’t do much good if it wasn’t for my hard-working hubby! He keeps us well supplied with stacks of dry wood to burn.
The cold snap is continuing for the weekend but warmer weather is on the way. In fact, they’re calling for rain next Wednesday. That will be quite a change from this week!
Thank you so much for visiting! I love to see your names and read your comments.
Hope you have a lovely weekend!