Friday's Favourites, Uncategorized

Friday’s Favourites

Really tired this week and very late to post with fff

but

I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to say thanks for the blessings ~ and say hi to all my fff friends. They’re all over at Living to Tell The Story with Susanne.

1. Love this tweet from Nicky Gumbel

Waiting and trusting
go together. If you don’t trust God, it’s hard to wait on Him. But if
you trust God…you’ll wait.

Quiet confidence –  like the difference between what I call “fussing prayer” and “trusting prayer”.  A good word!

(No, the flowers aren’t blooming here on PEI but I need some summertime pictures up – I’m slightly snow-weary.)

2.  This memory is making me smile today:

because it means these are not that far away.

3. Another smile this week – a new waiter for the birds.

The birds loved it but I didn’t get a picture before the last storm – which was snow, freezing rain, rain and back to snow.  My poor snow-waiter is in desperate need of repair!

(notice the height of the snow in the background?? Roger shovelled that walk out twice in one day during that storm)

4. Warm sun on my face even thought it’s February. It’s true – the sun is warming up and if we get a clear day, I lift my face to its warmth, close my eyes and pretend I can hear the waves against the sand.

In my mind’s eye it looks like this . . .

but when I open my eyes, this is the scene before me. A winter beach has a certain wild beauty about it but I love the summer beach best.

5. A little winter beauty ~ just a reminder to enjoy it while it lasts πŸ™‚

Whatever season you may be in, I hope you discover beauty all around this weekend!

with love and thanks for you,

Standard

20 thoughts on “Friday’s Favourites

1. Yes, the winter photos all have a beauty of their own. But I’m partial to spring….and we’ve not even had a bad winter here! I can bet that you all are ready for the warmer breezes! Love your snowman for the birdies. Deb

2. Yes, the winter photos all have a beauty of their own. But I’m partial to spring….and we’ve not even had a bad winter here! I can bet that you all are ready for the warmer breezes! Love your snowman for the birdies.

3. Rosella Leis says:

Beautiful pictures Kathie! Winter is so beautiful but I too long for those lovely Spring flowers and for Spring itself! We are still in the throws of a very wintery February and another storm approaching tonight – sigh. I’m trusting and waiting…. Stay warm and cozy and have a wonderful week.

4. Arlene says:

Kathie that was exceptional. You need to create some books like this. We are having a good time. Parts of our visit have been unbearably difficult. But God’s hand is with us and is holding us and is sheltering us and is squeezing us. I thank for it all.
    Love you’ Arlene

5. Your eye for photography is absolutely stunning. Your FAVE Five are worthy of bringing warmth to the heart as you anticipate a new season bursting forth of vim and color. I have missed our winter cold snap…it’s only raining here…wet and cold. Soon and very soon…I’m hoping.

6. I love your photos of spring–they are our hope for warmth and sunshine (I should talk, huh, since I already have flowers blooming). Now I really really really need to drive to the beach and get a beach, sand and surf fix!Love your little snow waiter, and I want to knit that hat!

7. It may be cold and wintery, but your pictures make it look so beautiful! I loooove your snowman waiter! You are a very creative gal with the snow! Love that quote by Nicky Gumbel and for your perspective on fussing prayer and trusting prayer!

8. Just beautiful flowers you have posted! We have been warmer than usual here. I would love some gorgeous snow though. Your pictures of it are beautiful too!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I’m adding you to my list. πŸ™‚

Yes, yes, spring will come! Please feel free to post pictures of last spring until your spring arrives — I never tire of the beauty. But thank you for sharing your snowy beauty, too.

10. Melissa Reynolds says:

Thanks for sharing such lovely photos–both winter and spring! I think bulbs are a really neat part of God’s creation. Your snowman is very cute, and what a neat idea to make him a waiter for the birds!

11. Brenda says:

Your picture are beautiful! I love your snowman waiter. Have you thought of posting that on Pinterest?Though winter is not my favorite season, I do love that we live in a four-season state…beautiful Colorado!

12. Lovella says:

Kathie, I often think you live in the most beautiful place in the world, but maybe you see things that the rest of us miss. I love your photos..so cheery. I’m sorry you are so tired. I feel a bit sleepy myself.

13. Your snow waiter has inspired me!! Mila looks a lovely as ever. Our drive way is banked five feet with snow on each side. The temps keep climbing and Q barely brushed us. I love all the snow we have gotten!

14. Hi Kathie, Thanks for posting this on FB so I could see it! I appreciate it. Your photos are really beautiful and I too am longing for the snow to be gone. I laughed at your new bird waiter and the cat checking it out. Really cute! Have a good weekend. Blessings, Pamela

15. Stacey R says:

Oh my goodness, your pictures and scenery are absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing them. Love the snowman waiter too.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )