Hi and welcome to Friday Fave 5. I’m counting blessings with Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.
It’s been a busy week here with both sad and happy times.
1. Saying thanks, with tears, for the life of Dallas Willard. Biblically deep and insightful, wise and endearing, DW was like the grandfather I always wished I had 🙂 One of his friends said to be near him was like standing in a ray of sunshine. I could feel that warmth as I read his books and listened to his DVDs and online talks. Hearing God was the first of his books I read – many years ago now. And I’ve read The Divine Conspiracy several times – just lately with my dear friends Tonia and Beth. What wonderful discussions we’ve had via email. DW stretched our thinking, enlarged our vision and drew us closer to the One he spoke and wrote about so eloquently. He will be sorely missed.
2. Springtime blossoms ~ everything is coming alive here and it’s such a delight to go out every morning to discover what’s new!
3. The final celebration of our 1000 Gifts Women’s DVD Study. I’m sad to see it end. What a wonderful group of women! And such a powerful study! Highly recommended.
4. Re-reading one of my all time favourite books ~ The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge.
I’ve done something different with this book. I underlined favourite passages, writing dates and thoughts in the margins. A first for me! I think I’ve always had a librarian’s horror of writing in books – but my sister, who passed away in 2002, always wrote in her favourite books. Now I love coming across something she underlined or reading a note she jotted. It makes her feel so close. The Scent of Water has so many lines and passages that I love – here are just a few . . .
5. A year in the life of Josephine Mae by Auntie Sarah. She wrote the first song in the video and called it “A Song for Josie”. Sweetness!
Hope you enjoyed my favourites this week. Thanks so much for dropping in!