Friday blessing list time!
1. A wonderful Mother’s Day weekend starting with a romantic dinner with my beloved on Friday. We ate at Sims, a wonderful restaurant in Charlottetown. Kyle Panton, the award winning chef, is a family friend – we’ve known him since he was a toddler 🙂 If you’re ever on the Island, and want an exceptional dining experience, make sure to visit Sims.
2. Saturday was another special day – our daughter in law, Nora, graduated with her B.Sc. in Nursing. We’re so proud of her!
She has a proud hubby too!
On Sunday morning this puzzle greeted me over the kitchen sink 🙂 It was such a fun Mother’s Day celebration – a family barbeque and a noisy game of 10,000.
3. Exercise I pulled a muscle in my leg bowling – honestly! Talk about feeling old . . . 🙂 But I’ve been faithfully doing Pilates along with some stretching exercises and I’m finally able to sit cross-legged without wincing. This Pilates set on youtube is great – only 20 min long and it really targets the abs. I still can’t do everything he does but I’m progressing and my stomach muscles let me know about it! They hurt. I also pinned an arm toning exercise set. I noticed Ellen.B pinned it too. Let me know how you’re doing with it Ellen. I don’t know about the 7 days claim – but I measured my arm at the widest part yesterday so I’ll report back next week. If you want to join me, let me know in the comments.
4. It’s tulip time in Prince Edward Island. It’s so lovely to drive by and see the rows of tulips – like bright ribbons in the sunshine.
5. Babysitting Josie. I’m so thankful they live close by. Josie and I had a lot of fun playing with blocks – I would build a tower and she would knock it down and then burst into gales of laughter. Oh my – she laughed so hard she had tears in her eyes. Wish I could have captured it on video.
Thanks so much for dropping in this week.
Hope you have a great weekend!
PS ~ For more Friday Favourite fun, visit Susanne at Living to Tell The Story.