Friday blessing list time!

1. A wonderful Mother’s Day weekend starting with a romantic dinner with my beloved on Friday. We ate at Sims, a wonderful restaurant in Charlottetown.  Kyle Panton, the award winning chef, is a family friend – we’ve known him since he was a toddler πŸ™‚  If you’re ever on the Island, and want an exceptional dining experience, make sure to visit Sims.

2. Saturday was another special day – our daughter in law, Nora, graduated  with her B.Sc. in Nursing. We’re so proud of her!

She has a proud hubby too!

On Sunday morning this puzzle greeted me over the kitchen sink πŸ™‚  It was such a fun Mother’s Day celebration  – a family barbeque and a noisy game of 10,000

3. Exercise I pulled a muscle in my leg bowling – honestly! Talk about feeling old . . .  πŸ™‚ But I’ve been faithfully doing  Pilates along with some stretching exercises and I’m finally able to sit cross-legged without wincing. This Pilates set on youtube is great – only 20 min long and it really targets the abs. I still can’t do everything he does but I’m progressing and my stomach muscles let me know about it! They hurt.  I also pinned an arm toning exercise set. I noticed Ellen.B pinned it too. Let me know how you’re doing with it Ellen. I don’t know about the 7 days claim – but I measured my arm at the widest part yesterday so I’ll report back next week. If you want to join me, let me know in the comments.

4. It’s tulip time in Prince Edward Island. It’s so lovely to drive by and see the rows of tulips  – like bright ribbons in the sunshine.

5. Babysitting Josie. I’m so thankful they live close by. Josie and I had a lot of fun playing with blocks – I would build a tower and she would knock it down and then burst into gales of laughter. Oh my – she laughed so hard she had tears in her eyes. Wish I could have captured it on video.

Thanks so much for dropping in this week.

Hope you have a great weekend!

PS ~ For more Friday Favourite fun, visit Susanne at Living to Tell The Story.

14 thoughts on “fff ~ happy times

1. Marg says:

A perfect way to spend your week. I love those exercises…somehow I’ve been working at so many of them…and things don’t seem to change as my age and weight creep up the scales…Oh well…I just try to smile and be happy and content and I love your little Josie…It’s always fun to pop in.

2. Willow says:

Oh look! Josie is doing yoga! Is she your exercise buddy? I’ll check out those exercise videos–I do exercise regularly but not daily.Love the tulips! So. Many.And congrats to your daughter-in-law!

Looks like Josie does pilates/yoga too! Isn’t that move "down dog?"Wonderful photos. Congrats to the graduate.

Oh I love those baby giggles! So cute!

The tulip fields are taking my breath away. My favorite flowers.

Congratulations to your DIL! Applauding her accomplishment!

That restaurant sounds delicious. And your Mother’s Day sounds like it was lots of fun!

5. Barbara H. says:

Congratulations to Nora!

Those tulips are absolutely gorgeous.

Josie is such a cutie.

Good for you for keeping up with exercise even with an injury. I need to figure out what I can safely do and make it a part of my routine.

6. Gattina says:

All good news ! The young couple is very handsome, the tulips beautiful and your little granddaughter a cutie !

7. Judy says:

I can almost hear Josie giggling! Now it’s your turn to enjoy the tulip fields. Beautiful…they are!

8. Laura says:

Baby giggles — don’t you LOVE it? Sounds like you had quite the special weekend. Oh, my, the tulips are breathtaking!

9. Rosella says:

What a delightful FFF! The dinner out sounds wonderful and the ribbons of tulips reminds me of Ellen and Judy’s posts of tulip fields blooming a few weeks ago on the other coast! Congrats to our daughter-in-law – she’s beautiful! Your sweet little grand….so darling! Baby’s belly laughs are the best! I’m going to check out the Pilates class and oh yes, I could sure use that arm toning one too – eek!

10. Faith Turner says:

those tulips!! so gorgeous! Mine are pretty much past their prime….and now my lilacs are out and in another week my irises will bloom. I love spring and all the wonderful new flowers and colors! Josie is absolutely adorable. You are blessed that they live close by. Congrats to your daughter in law and YAY For the workouts! I haven’t done my pilates in about a month…yikes…I need to get back to it. I pinned that arm exercise onto my newly created pinterest site. I’m new to pinterest and have NO idea what i’m doing!! I hope I don’t waste time on it…it looks addictive!!

11. susan says:

Wow – all I can type is wow. I didn’t realize that tulips were grown en masse in PEI. What a delightful treat for the eyes.

Baby laughter gets me every time – I just have to laugh in response. What a wonderful time you two had together, Kathie.

Congrats to your daughter-in-law. That is quite an awesome feat.

Pain motivates me to do my stretches too. I am dealing with a thigh/hip pain and the stretches do help. Good luck with your pilates. I never thought to look on youtube for a "class."

Oh girl! The only exercise I’m doing is mowing the lawn (twice) so far this Spring. Those arms can really benefit from some toning for sure!! Congrats to Nora. Love your Mother’s Day puzzle! Little Josie is so cute. I know it must bring you such joy to have her around…

Very cute Mother’s Day puzzle πŸ™‚

Those tulips are eye-catching for sure. There’d be a pile-up of cars slowing to take in all that beauty! And thanks for the link to the Pilates. I need to stop making plans to exercise more and actually exercise!

1. Kathie Macphee says:

I’m the same way Anne! I normally do more planning than actual "doing" – so I’m pretty proud of myself for getting into a routine. Too bad pain was the motivation but hey – it worked!