Our intrepid WWW (wild Wednesday women minus one) group set out on a quest to find the elusive yellow lady slipper .
We hunted all along the banks of this lovely stream but there were no lady slippers of any kind – pink or yellow.
1. The absence of lady slippers didn’t ruin our day though. Sunshine, blue sky and good company were enough for us. We wandered along the riverbank, took pictures and even did some wading. The water was surprisingly warm.
2. We had some adventures involving log bridges, bogs, disappearing trails and boot-sucking mud. Oh my – lots of laughter echoed up and down that riverbank! Good thing we weren’t bird-watching.
3. This lovely wild iris growing along the riverbank helped console us for the lack of lady slippers.
4. Afterwards, we headed to Naufrage Harbour where we enjoyed a well-earned picnic lunch.
The view from the cliff-top was breathtaking.
White fishing boats headed into the harbour while gulls circled overhead.
5. And a special thrill for this amateur photographer – a bald eagle swooping over the sea.
Well, that was a fun adventure! Hope you enjoyed it too.
PS – for more Friday Favourites, visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story