Hi there and welcome to Friday’s Fave 5. It’s been a glorious week here on the Island ~ sunny and mild ~ perfect weather for getting outside to enjoy the autumn splendor.

1. Every year, I make a trek to Moore’s Bird Sanctuary to try to capture this scene ~  my tree trio.

Moore's_tree_trioIt has to be timed perfectly to get the three trees in full autumn leaf. The change varies from year to year so I’m never quite sure when to go. Some years I head over too early and one tree is still green. Other years I go too late and the leaves are fallen. This year? Perfect timing!

Moore's_tree_trio2
2.  A WWW birthday and another golden, October afternoon.

Clyde_trailOur WWW birthday girl, Sherry, chose the destination ~ a picnic spot on the  Confederation trail  right beside the farm where she and her husband began their married life together.

Clyde_view2_smThe beautiful rolling hills of Clyde in central PEI.

Clyde_view_smEverywhere we looked, autumn splendour!

CLyde_view5It wasn’t only a feast for the eyes.

The general WWW food guideline is “bring a sandwich and something to share”. Simple and saves countless email planning.

Sherry's_trail_bday6 But on birthdays, we like to add a little something extra special.

Sherry's_trail_bday2Happy Birthday SherryHappy Birthday Sher!

3. A visit to the pumpkin patch with Sarah and Josie.

Baldersons OctSuch fun making memories!

4. An easy and festive Thanksgiving centerpiece. I’m not particularly gifted with flower arranging or gorgeous tablescapes, as some of my blogger friends are, so when I saw this easy  – ahem  –  pretty! idea online, I copied. Simple yet festive.

thanksgiving_centerpieceOur Thanksgiving table was loaded with all the bounty of our garden harvest. The only thing missing were the two faces we love in the UK. (((Andrew &Hyekoo)))

Thanksgiving_20135. My final fave was our  Thanksgiving hike. It’s becoming a family tradition, although last year it rained, so games were the order of the day. This year the weather was glorious, so after the main course we headed out.

Thanksgiving family hike

Thanksgiving family hike

After the walk, we went back home to a game of football (for some – dishes for others 🙂 thanks girls!) then dessert, (pumpkin, apple and butterscotch pie) and a noisy game of Dutch Blitz. A very thank-full day. I’m so grateful to the Lord for all His goodness and the countless blessings we enjoy.

And do you know what? You are on my blessing list too! Thanks for coming by!

PS ~ drop over to Susanne’s for more Friday Fave blessings.

FFF delicate leaves

29 thoughts on “FFF ~ golden days

1. Wonderful! Amazing, the perfect color of your tree trio. Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing, Kathie! I’m thankful for you.

2. It looks like a wonderful weekend of giving thanks, Kathie. I like the photos of your 3 trees. I think it’s great that you capture them every year. I’m curious as to what the WWW girls are and what the letters stand for. Have a blessed Sunday!

1. Kathie says:

Hi Pamela – the WWW stands for Wacky Wednesday Women – because we started going out each Wed afternoon – Also stands for Wonderful Wed Women – or Wise Wed Women. Whatever suits the occasion 🙂

Autumn splendor is he perfect description for your post! Beautiful scenes, Kathie, and a lovely family gathering for Thanksgiving.

4. Debbie Z. says:

What a beautiful life you have….thank you for sharing it with us. That photo of your family around the table is a depiction of all that is good and wonderful. Your photo of the three trees is absolutely amazing. I love the reflection of them in the water. Have a relaxing fall weekend, Kathie.
    Debbie Z.

1. Kathie says:

Glad you enjoyed it Debbie!

5. Barbara H. says:

How neat to catch the tree trio just at the right time! All of the fall scenery is so gorgeous.
    i LOVE those little centerpieces!
    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving with the family.

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Barbara – the centerpiece is so simple too.

6. Jill says:

Oh my goodness you did hit the tree trio timing perfectly! I know exactly what you mean about too early/too late. I am starting to check my photo dates for the past five autumns to figure such things out better.

Three pies, and I’d want a tiny slice of each. How many people asked for that around your table?

Autumnal island life looks splendid and the young pumpkin girl was adorable in her warm cap. Just made me want to kiss her cool cheeks!

1. Kathie says:

Quite a few asked for 3 pieces Jill!!

And it was a cooler day when we had Josie at the punkin patch – but she didn’t seem to mind despite her little red nose 🙂

7. Donna Singleton says:

Beautiful photos Kathie

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Donna – I really enjoy taking them!

Fabulous Faves with so many lovely things to see! What a fun trio of fall trees! Love the pumpkin patch and all the family goodness here!!

9. acarpendale says:

Lovely pics… lots of fun and special times! Lucky birthday girl!

10. Tina says:

Thanks , for sharing your lovely pictures of our fall colors on PEI you captured them all and for sharing your Thankgining with us . Enjoyed so much. Tina MacDonald.

1. Kathie says:

So glad you enjoyed it Tina!

11. Melissa R says:

So glad you had a wonderful and thank-full Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!

1. Kathie says:

You’re welcome Melissa! Glad you enjoyed them.

12. Gattina says:

Wow ! your autumn colored tree pictures are gorgeous. And what nice family pictures !

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Gattina!

13. Kim says:

Lovely scenery. Great friends. Beautiful family. You are indeed blessed.

14. Judy says:

You have the best fall photos! I love the reflection of the leaves in the water. It looks like we had the exact same meal on out Thanksgiving plates last weekend…on opposite ends of the country. We could have used a hike after dinner after the meal though!

15. Dounia says:

This is such a beautiful post – it put a big smile on my face, and I loved the photos! It was the first time I saw your blog, but it left a wonderful impression so I’ll be back! 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1. Kathie says:

Appreciate your comment so much Dounia!