The sun hasn’t broken through the clouds much this week on the Island. But Sunlit Sunday gives me a good excuse to search through my photo files for pictures from brighter days.

I love to capture the sun as it rises each morning and our church makes a lovely sunrise setting.

StJohns2_Christmas13The steeple catches the first rays.

St Johns_verticalSome mornings the sun casts a pale pink glow

StJohns2_winter_morning_cropand on other mornings, it pulls out all the stops and paints the sky a rosy wash.

church_winter3Hope the sun is shining on your Sunday. Thanks for visiting!

For more Sunlit Sundays visit Karen at My Little Home and Garden.

Sunlit Sunday

37 thoughts on “Sunlit Sunday

1. miaslovetree says:

What lovely photos! Snow is such a magical, strange beauty to a Southern California girl like me! :o)

2. Beautiful capture of lighting and shadows.

3. Deb says:

Hi Kathy, We have a very snowy day here in VA and it’s just a perfect time for catching up on some long-overdue blog reading! Your photos of your church are just beautiful! Love the gravestones in the snow and the sky colors. We visited friends near Ottawa over New Year’s and experienced some sub zero temps….thought of you in your Canadian neck of the woods. Okay, now I’m headed to read the rest of your posts that I’m behind on.

1. Kathie says:

Hi there Deb – so nice to hear from you. We’re in the middle of a snowy day as well. Probably the same storm you had yesterday!

4. Paula says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

5. furrygnome says:

Wonderful pictures!

1. Kathie says:

Glad you enjoyed them furrygnome!

6. Pondside says:

Once again I’m struck by the difference between our islands at this time of year.
    The church is so beautiful – I’d be lurking to photograph it in all seasons.

1. Kathie says:

Fortunately I don’t have to lurk – we live right across the road and I have a perfect view from my yard 🙂

7. Susan says:

Such pretty photos of your lovely church. Each could be a note- or postcard! Smiles…Susan

Thank you Susan!

8. Lorrie says:

Such a beautiful church. The rosy pink sunset is really stunning.

Your island weather couldn’t be more different than that on our island on the other side of the country. No snow here!

1. Kathie says:

Yes we’re in the thick of winter here – that’s for sure! Definitely 4 seasons here on PEI – although some would say we don’t have much of a spring – just mud season 🙂

9. Debbie Z. says:

What lovely photos. Your white church in the snow is a beautiful image and brings to mind John 11:25, “I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.” Hallelujah. Thank you for a Sunday blessing.

1. Kathie says:

I often think of that verse too Debbie – especially when the light falls on the graves. It’s a wonder to contemplate.

10. Brilliant looking church and I live the churchyard in the snow.

11. Your church is so pretty at any time, Kathie. These photos are gorgeous, especially that pink sky one. You live in a beautiful spot! Thanks for visiting. It’s snowing here this afternoon – our first snow in almost 3 weeks.

1. Kathie says:

Glad you like them Pamela!

12. beth says:

Shining here, k, as light snow flutters down and mama Erin and new baby Levi snuggle in bed. I played hooky from church to stay here with them and cook a stew and bake t’s artisan bread. Sweet blessings to you today.

And much love …

1. Kathie says:

What a blessing you are to your sweet daughter and grandchildren Beth! Love to you too xo

13. Cathy says:

Such a wonderful series of Sunday photos at which to gaze! The picture of the sunrise is especially lovely!

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Cathy – I especially like that one as well.

14. kim says:

Wow such beautiful photos of the church—I so enjoyed looking at these. When I was a kid we used to sometimes camp on the St. Lawrence seaway. We visited Prince Edward Is too—the ferry ride over was memorable for me.

1. Kathie says:

Not as many take the ferry nowadays Kim – not since we got the link. But when I grew up it was the only way to get on and off the Island. I’m glad we still have one ferry terminal left but I must admit that the link is very convenient.

15. Snap says:

I love your post. I love churches. Wonderful! Happy SunLit Sunday!

16. It seems the sun has been scarce in lots of places this week. The last photos is wonderful.

So glad you like them!

17. Thank you for returning to Sunlit Sunday this week, Cathie. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting your island a couple of times and know that you have so much beauty there to appreciate.

Your church looks wonderful, nesting on the snow with the pink sky, soft or deep, highlighting its steeple and walls. It must have been an enjoyable, peaceful time when you took these photographs. I feel serene just looking at them.

-Karen

1. Kathie says:

Thank you for hosting Karen! I always look for the light when I take pictures so this meme feels perfect for me 🙂

18. A beautiful church and great pictures to show the sunlight.

Thank you Marlys!