22 thoughts on “Sunlit Sunday

Stunning. What a lovely color that orchid is!

2. Lovely pictures! Thank you for reminding me to check on my orchid.

Blessings ~ Wendy

3. Christa says:

WOW Kathie, those pictures are gorgeous! I love them!

4. Lorrie says:

Such a richly coloured orchid. It glows in the light.

5. I’ve always been amazed in the beauty an orchid demonstrates. I was tickled this past week when I came across the Flying cuck Orchid, have you seen one yet?
    Enjoy your week,
    Cindy

1. Kathie says:

Do you mean the Flying Duck Orchid? They’re amazing!

6. How gorgeous! I kill all my houseplants.

1. Kathie says:

*whisper* me too Karen – my husband laughed when I started to buy them again. I was looking for some colourful photo ops in the winter. But something must have changed -because they’re not only surviving, they’re thriving – perhaps I remember to water them now 🙂

7. “Orchid beauty” is right, Kathie! The petal are such a rich colour and look particularly lovely with the sun shining through them. I have an orchid that I am hoping will spring back and send up a new stem this year, fingers crossed.

Thank you for this gorgeous blooming contribution to Sunlit Sunday.

Karen

1. Kathie says:

My friend, who worked in a florist shop, advised me to cut them back after they bloom. There are little nodules on the stem – cut just above them. I’ll do it when these blooms drop off and hopefully we’ll get more blossoms.

8. Beautiful, Kathie! I love the back lighting.

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Pam! They are in a lovely sunny window.

9. Lovely to see these colorful blooms!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks! They’re very cheery in winter!

10. Pondside says:

I have never been able to help one to re-bloom. Well done!
    Last week I bought an orchid – perhaps this will be the one to survive.

1. Kathie says:

It just seem to happen without any help on my part. I was so surprised. Hope yours does well!

11. Snap says:

I love orchids and sometimes I can get one to bloom again. Congratulations! Your orchid is gorgeous and the images are lovely. Happy Sun Lit Sunday!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks! This is my first orchid. A present from my son and dil. I feel like I might try some more now that I know they will re-bloom. They’re so pretty.

Beautiful sunlit orchid!

13. Maddy says:

Your photos are absolutely stunning! I always enjoy reading your posts! 🙂

1. Kathie says: