Hi there and welcome to Friday’s Blessing List!

1. Topping the list is our Oscar celebrations. Not this one

oscar_mar4I don’t have too much interest in it.

It’s our own little Oscar we’re celebrating!

Rob_Oscar2 Oscar Wellington

born March 4, 2014

9lbs 2oz

21.5 inches

Oh what a darling! I’m in baby heaven. But sweetest of all is watching Rob and Dorothy’s delight in their brand new baby son. I’m so thankful to the Lord for a safe delivery and that we’re finally holding our first little grandson. (not quite so little -good work Dorothy!!) He’s the fourth little Wellington – named for his daddy, Grampie and Great-Grampie!

2. Backing up a little – I had an assignment for the day of Oscar’s birth. A picture of the sunrise and sunset. I did even better – sunrise, sunset and shining moon!

Oscar's first day_sm3. Josie is all ready to start reading some stories to her new little cousin! We had her last weekend – fun, fun times!! When Oscar gets a little older, we’ll start having “Cousin Camp” just like Lovella and her little gang!

Josie_story

4. You may notice a new page on my menu bar at the top of the blog. I’m participating in this challenge –

100happydays_raanntToday is day 5 for me. It’s a lovely challenge – no comparisons or competitions – just look for the happy every day and post the picture. Happy is not hard to find – but sometimes I forget to remember! So this is a great challenge for me – and dovetails perfectly with Susanne’s Friday’s Favourite Five and Ann’s One Thousand Gifts. I’m posting on facebook and Instagram too,  with Sarah and some other friends. Let me know if you want to join the challenge and we’ll add up our happiness together!

5.  I’m heading in this afternoon to visit baby Oscar and hoping to pop in to see my grandgirlie too! Who knew that being a Nannie would be so wonderful??!! Before Josie was born, I was told, and I certainly suspected – but now I know! God is good and His blessings are endless. He knows how to fill this Nannie’s heart to overflowing. And I couldn’t be more thankful!

tiny_feet
Thanks so much for visiting me here at A Sparrow’s Home. If you have a moment, please say hi in the comment section – I’d love to say hi to you too.

Many blessings,

PS For more Friday favourites, visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.

29 thoughts on “fff ~ celebrations

1. Nan says:

SO very happy for you all!! I look forward to lots of pictures!

2. anneliese says:

Congratulations on the birth of Oscar! I love how his daddy is holding him in that first photo.
    So happy for you and that you can enjoy them close by!

3. Judy says:

Congrats on the birth of your new grandson. So happy for you! And such a great name.

4. Kim says:

Oscar Wellington – how adorable is he!!! You are truly blessed with your wonderful family, Kathie. I’m sure Oscar and Josie will be featured often in your 100 days of happiness! xxoo

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Kim!! It’s not hard to find happiness when you look at those little faces for sure!

5. Marta says:

Congratulations!!!! That baby feet picture is very sweet.

Af all the blogs I follow, this is my favorite 🙂

1. Kathie says:

Dear Marta – thanks for such a sweet comment. I’m so glad you enjoy my blog!

6. Deb says:

Congratulations on Oscar!! Sounds like you’re over the moon! i would be too! Have a great weekend, Kathie!

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Deb – we are having a baby fest for sure!

7. Rosella says:

Preciousness!!!! Congrats to all. Your hearts must be bursting – God is SO good! Oscar sure picked the perfect Nannie! Off to check out the 100HappyDays – great idea!

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Rosella! I’m really enjoying the 100happydays – I think it will be a wonderful memory keeper.

8. Faith says:

oh Kathie!! congratulations on that brand new grandbaby boy!!!! LOVE his name…..and Josie is getting be such a big girl!!! yay for her reading books!! I LOVE when toddlers look at books. those photos on Oscar’s first day of life will be so special to his mama and papa I am sure. they are beautiful. Happy weekend and enjoy being a grandma!!

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Faith! Josie loves her books – storytime is one of our favourite activities together. It won’t be long until Oscar will be joining us 🙂

9. How exciting! I love the name. Perfect!
    Your ideas that you have shared here are great! The first day for Oscar, the 100 day challenge! I’ll be back around to see how “little” Oscar is getting along!
    Our oldest was 9#7ounces and 21 inches. She rejoices when every baby is born in our family that does not “break” her record! Silly girl!

1. Kathie says:

He’s certainly a big boy! And doing really well. Had such fun holding him today.

10. Ellen says:

This Oscar definitely is the best of the Oscars! Congratulations to all of you. A little girl and a little boy to delight. Love it. God is good…

1. Kathie says:

Yes He is – Roger and I are filled to the brim with thanksgiving to Him. Grandchildren are such a precious gift!

11. Jill says:

The emotion on the Daddy/baby bonding shot was yummy! Glad I am not the only one who thinks newborn baby feet are an absolutely must have photo!
    Is Wellington a family name, as in someone’s mother’s maiden name?
    (Don’t tell me it is because of a family love for Beef Wellington…although I suspect all the guys have been real “beef cakes” as we call cute men around our country…😉)

1. Kathie says:

Jill, Wellington is Roger’s father’s second name – his second name – Robbie’s second name and now Oscar’s second name. So he’s Oscar Wellington the 4th 🙂

12. Lorna says:

Does it get any better :>) So happy for you guys.

Thanks Lorna!! ❤

13. Dounia says:

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your happy moments – they’re lovely and put a smile on my face 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!

1. Kathie says:

So glad you enjoyed my post Dounia! And thanks!

14. Barb says:

Congratulations on your Oscar! What a big one. You and your family have been blessed.
    Enjoy those grands!

1. Kathie says:

I”m doing my best to enjoy every available minute Barb! 🙂

15. Your grands must be close to you — that’s a real blessing. He is precious. Enjoy!! (You should make him a book of your pictures of the day of his birth!)

Have a great week!

1. Kathie says:

It is a real blessing Laura – they live 30 min away in the town where we do our shopping and errands. Our oldest lives in the UK and he’s expecting the end of the summer so I’ll learn more about long-distance grandparenting then. I”m thinking stories by Skype or facetime 🙂

16. Congratulations to you and the family on the birth of your sweet Oscar Wellington. I love his name! Enjoy your grands and have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Pam

Thank you Pam!