Nans_creek2

Spring had come once more to Green Gables — the beautiful capricious, reluctant Canadian spring, lingering along through April and May in a succession of sweet, fresh, chilly days, with pink sunsets and miracles of resurrection and growth.
Anne of Green Gables – ch 20

Capricious given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behavior.  Check!

old_houseThese tulips fields are flourishing.

tulips4_2014But the same producers lost their show fields to a deep frost last week.

Reluctant   unwilling and hesitant; disinclined. Check!

June_blossomsMy flowering crab tree, which always blooms in May, is just beginning to open up in  full glory.

Chilly – uncomfortably cool or cold. Double check!!

Sarah_Pt. primWe were wearing  jackets til last week.  But! it’s finally changed.

KAthleen and Josie_beach

Kathleen, Josie and babykins!

With temperatures of 24C,  it’s like we skipped spring all together and arrived at summer.

But, nobody’s complaining!

xoxo

Kathie

PS – it was an unplanned blog break. Feels good to be back!

wharf_sunset

12 thoughts on “update

1. Jill says:

When does Josie get to be a big sister? Happy summer swimming season soon !

1. Kathie says:

First of August Jill – we’re so excited!!

2. anneliese says:

As always … beautiful photos! Between you and me . . .I think we live in two of the most beautiful places in the world.

1. Kathie says:

I agree – I’d love to visit BC someday!

Fabulous photos! Your descriptions of spring could be speaking of our springs too. Yesterday it was 80* F and today it’s 45*F. I had my winter coat and stocking cap on today as I walked to the mailbox. Ah well…..spring.

Love that sunset photo. Oh, and the baby too!

1. Kathie says:

It does sound the same Jody 🙂 Glad you enjoy the photos!

4. Rosella says:

It’s good to have you back. I know how it goes – oh my!!!! Busy days….. Spring/Summer has finally arrived in SW Ontario as well and the seeding is finally done! Here’s hoping the weather will stay warm now for an extended growing season. Josie is just the sweetest and I long to see that lovely red sand again someday!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Rosella – the farmers have been working overtime in this lovely weather – everything will be later this year but it will come. I’m looking forward to strawberries!

5. It’s great to see you back. Your photos are gorgeous as always. I love the tulips with the old building hiding behind the trees. Last Tuesday it felt like November! The weather sure turned around fast and I’m loving it. The sunset pic is gorgeous!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Pamela! Good to be blogging again!

6. Ellen says:

Welcome back. Glad you can finally shed those coats! Beautiful photos!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Ellen – it’s actually hot today but . . . no whining allowed!