Hi and welcome to Friday’s blessing list:

1. Summer mornings ~ early every morning, Sophie and I take a wander around the property. There is always a new bloom to discover, a weed or two to pull, and best of all, time to be still and just breathe in the soft, fragrant air. Manna for the soul.

morning Great Spangled Fritillary daisies_14 Lily_142.  The blue sea and sky

pantons_shore_14 Pantonshore_girlie_sm3. Sweet wild roses growing along the roadside

wildrose_July wildrose2_July wildrose3_July

4. A visit to my friend, Kim’s, to see a nesting Eastern Bluebird pair – quite a rare find on PEI. The Birds of the Island website states “Occasional, seen only 1 – 9 times per decade

Eastern bluebird4 Eastern bluebirdEastern bluebird5The male is a rich blue colour with a reddish brown breast. The female is not quite as colourful as her mate.
female_eastern BluebirdThey were a busy pair,flitting back and forth bringing food to the nest. I’m looking forward to when the babies fledge. Hopefully, Kim and I can get some more pictures of that event!

5. These sweet faces!

Jimmy_OscarUncle James, cheek to cheek with his sweet little nephew Oscar. ❤

It’s another beautiful day here on the Island and I’m heading to the shore. Going to store up some more sunshine, blue sky and salty sea air.  It’s one of the best blessings of Island life.

Thanks for visiting! Wishing you many blessings and much joy this week.

PS  – for more Friday Favourites visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story

FFF daisies2

15 thoughts on “summer loveliness

1. marg says:

I can totally identify to your morning routine…a bit of water, checking out the produce. It’s truly manna to the soul. It’s so nice to be able to enjoy summer in such a different way than the regular routines of the fall, and it looks like you are capturing it all together.

2. anneliese says:

I scrolled down to the next post as well and have to admit your summer is looking very lovely!
    We know that in Canada we have to enjoy it while we have it! Beautiful photos!

3. Melanie says:

Those pictures were so peaceful!! Summer mornings are great. And that baby is just the cutest!!

Never tire of your shore photos, Kathie, in any season. But the summertime ones are so sweet. Great shots of a bird rare in your area!

5. Willow says:

OH your photos are beautiful–flowers and babies and beaches and butterflies! God’s marvelous creation is wonderful in all its forms.

How exciting to spot those birds! You got some lovely photos of them. That is a beautiful morning shot of your property. It has been cold and cloudy here all week so that picture warmed my soul.

7. karen58 says:

Gorgeous photos. I love the one of the little one at the beach. Brings back happy memories:) Thank you for sharing.

8. Faith says:

Oh those photos….those bluebirds! i was hiking in a nature preserve near my house once and there were bluebird houses but although I waited and waited i just never saw the pair. Although other people on the trail had seen them. You got some great pics! Love that cheek to cheek photo, too 🙂

9. Oh, Kathie–thank you for sharing your pictures. They are just so lovely. A breath of fresh air. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

10. Barbara H. says:

Such gorgeous photos. How neat about the bluebirds! I wonder how they found their way all the way up there.

11. jerralea says:

I don’t blame you, I’d be storing up sunshine, salty air and blue skies, too. Actually, I’ve been kind of doing the same thing except I’m storing up sunshine, blue skies and green trees. I’ll need it when winter comes and all one can see are brown tree limbs.

Gorgeous photos! So glad you could see a rare sighting of that blue bird.

12. Kim says:

Ooh, I love the flying bluebird shot – good one, Kathie! I can hear the babies in the nest but haven’t seen any yet – will let you know. Thanks for posting these lovely pics! 🙂

13. Dawn Burke says:

What a wonderful post ! Thanks for sharing your glorious summer on PEI !
    Blessings Dawn 🙂

14. Ellen says:

Sweet birds, sweet faces, love all your photos!

15. Lisa Hayward says:

I love reading your posts Kathie and seeing your beautiful photos. Wow, James looks so much like Roger here, just like when we met you guys way back in seminary 🙂