The year was 1980. The date was August 25th. It was a Monday (you don’t forget these details!) I gave birth to my firstborn – Donald Andrew Sinclair MacPhee.

Fast forward 34 years, August 25th, (also a Monday 🙂 ), Andrew and his sweet wife, Hyekoo, gave birth to their firstborn, a darling little girl.

Kinsey2_bKinsey Kayou Lee MacPhee
August 25th/2014
6.6 pounds

Here is her Daddy’s facebook status

Of itself, my birthday wasn’t particularly interesting. 34 years old. Not a particularly eventful year. Didn’t get up to anything specially for my birthday. But I did meet this person I’ve been wanting to meet for months. I’ve heard a lot about her, and I have to admit, she’s even better in person than I’d realised.

Kinsey Kayou Lee MacPhee – it’s so good to finally meet you.

Welcome to the family sweet baby girl!

Three new babies added to our family in 5 and a half months – it’s almost like triplets!

Can you just imagine the cousin fun coming up? Little Miss Josie will have her hands full keeping her three younger cousins in line! 🙂

Happy ~ happy ~ happy!

xo

17 thoughts on “Best Birthday present ever!

1. Hi everybody, here every person is sharing such familiarity, thus it’s fastidious to read this web site, and I used to pay a visit this blog daily.

Adorable baby girl! You must be bursting inside with joy! Congrats to everyone and God bless all your lil babes.

3. Ken Brackett says:

I was recommended this blog through my cousin. I am not certain whether
    this post is written through him as no one else recognise such unique approximately
    my difficulty. You are incredible! Thank you!

Congratulations Kathie! Another new grandbaby! Your family is truly blest with all these precious little ones!

5. marg says:

What a special gift. More fun days in the future. I never forgot how you once said, you could not wait to have grandchildren like marg and lovella and here you are. My oldest is turning 11 this week and then I have sweet Ivy. How special for these gaps.

6. Deb says:

Congratulations, grandma!!! 🙂 You’ve had some exciting times!

7. Tied Ribbons says:

Oh great. Congratulation ang god bless you.

Darling darling little one. Yes, it is a bit like having triplets in the family!

9. anneliese says:

Congratulations! What a cutie! And so perfect to chose this special day!

10. Judy says:

A happy day indeed! What a sweet baby girl! Congrats to you all.

11. carolyn says:

Congratulations on another sweet grandbaby….she is beautiful!

12. Ellen says:

Oh how great is that to share a birthday with his firstborn. Love it. Your cup runneth over!

13. Rosella says:

Happy Happy Happy indeed!!! Congrats to all – what a sweet little pea she is!

14. Debbie Z. says:

What an absolutely beautiful baby. Congratulations to your son and his wife, and to you also, Grandma! Children are a blessing from the Lord for sure.

15. Aw. congratulations to you all, Kathie! She is so beautiful. God bless you all. Hugs, Pam

16. Jill says:

I don’t think anyone can ever top that birthday gift for Andrew! Wow!

17. beth says:

Oh, the cousin fun! I’ve been thinking about that with our little ones. And Gramma/Papa camp … looking forward to that one of these years soon!