So my friend Robyn  – who gets as excited about birds as I do – has a rare bird visitor for PEI. A cardinal. They’ve only been sighted a few times here.

He arrives at her bird-feeder early in the morning – around 7. So I jumped in the car this morning and headed down to her place to see if I could spy him.

The bluejays were there.

Robyns_bluejays

Robyns_bluejay
The chickadees, mourning doves, a nuthatch and even a shy evening grosbeak made an appearance.

evening_grosbeak
But no cardinal . . . I was too late.

You know the old saying – if at first you don’t succeed?

Tomorrow – early – I’ll try again.

19 thoughts on “Project Cardinal

I’ve never seen a cardinal here, either. Lots and lots of blue jays, though.

2. Dounia says:

Beautiful photos! Good luck seeing the cardinal next time! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Melanie says:

What gorgeous photos!! I have a red cardinal “couple” that visit my feeder on a regular basis. Last year, they had babies and it was so cute to see them all gathered at the feeder. I hope you see your cardinal soon! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Cardinal babies – what a treat!! Maybe next year 🙂

4. Truly a magical morning we had……your patience and persistence paid off Kathie!

Liked by 1 person

1. Sorry Kathie, this is Robyn, signed in under Kenny’s address, he does not talk like me!

Liked by 1 person

2. Kathie says:

Thanks so much Robyn – you and Kenny are the perfect hosts 🙂

We don’t have cardinals where I live either so to see one here would be really a treat. I hope you get to see the Redbird soon! These birds pictured are gorgeous.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

I did it Jody!! So exciting!

6. Bev Klassen says:

Thanks for sharing your lovely bird photos, Kathie. It’s inspiring me to get my feeder up again. We don’t have the Blue Jays or Cardinals here but the Stellar Jays flash their blue feathers around, and we do see Grosbeaks and Varied Thrush.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

I never realized how much fun watching birds can be. Glad you enjoy it too Bev!

7. Ellen says:

Beautiful captures, Kathie!

Liked by 1 person

8. I’m sorry you missed seeing the Cardinal but I’m sure they will continue to make an appearance there and you’ll capture it’s beauty one day. These photos are also beautiful, Kathie.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Caught him on film this morning Pam – such a thrill!

9. beth says:

I forget that people in other places don’t have the pleasure of seeing cardinals all the time. They are our state bird and I see them all the time. Their beauty always captivates me! Hope you get to see your rare visitor next time!

1. Kathie says:

Cardinals are so lovely Beth – thanks for sending a few of your state birds so far up north 🙂 We’re really enjoying their bright red beauty!