Welcome to Friday’s blessing list. The end of February is almost here. I think I can hear a collective sigh of relief across the Island. It’s been a stormy, blustery, long month for all that it’s the shortest month of the year. It can be challenging to look for the blessings when the winters are hard but then, I enjoy a good challenge 😉
1. I’ve discovered that rarely is anyone neutral about winter – there are generally two prevailing attitudes. Sophie and Mila display them perfectly.
and it’s also true that the happy dog camp like to tease (or torment, depending on perspective) the grumpy cat camp.
I really am thankful that most of the time I fall into the happy dog camp. I enjoy winter. (not in spring, mind you, but that’s another post)
2. One thing that really is filling me up with happiness this week is the morning light. It’s so gorgeous.
3. and the evening light is equally lovely. What a gift ~ every. single. day. ~ even if sometimes it’s hidden behind the clouds.
4. My kayaking/photography buddy and I made a trek up to the north shore of the Island to scope out the situation.
5. Our church is sending off our Guatemala mission team this afternoon. They’ll be joining our daughter Sarah, and our good friends and mission team leaders, Graham and Joanne – they’ve been in Guatemala with another mission team for the past ten days. John, Kathleen and Isaiah are on the team leaving today. Josie will be staying half of the time with Kathleen’s parents and half with us. (fun times ahead!!!)
I’d be so grateful for your prayers for them, and the whole team, as they minister in Guatemala. If you’d like to follow the adventures, the link to their blog and prayer calendar is below. Thanks!
Thanks so much for coming by this week! I hope you enjoyed your visit.
Don’t forget to pop over to Susanne’s for more Friday favourites.
PS – a little facebook smile from this week.
“No Josie, I don’t think Isaiah wants to wear your ‘crown’. “