Oh my goodness! How do you catch up on a month of Friday blessing lists?

1. I’ll start with this sweet little birthday boy.

Birthday-boy-oscar

A  teddy bear party theme with a sweet teddy bear cake, decorated beautifully by Dorothy.

OScar-cake

and Oscar enjoyed every bite!

Rob-Oscarbday

Happy First Birthday Oscar! ❤

Oscar-first-bday2sm

2. My “baby boy” turned 27 – now that’s a little hard for me to grasp 🙂

James-Isaiah-bw

Sweet smile with his baby nephew, Isaiah.

James_bday-27
Celebrating with birthday pie! Happy Birthday James! ❤

James and walter

(another birthday – James and Nora’s Golden Doodle pup, “Walter” had his first birthday on April 1st. 🙂 )

3. I also celebrated a birthday –  a sad lack of pictures though. This is what happens when the photographer is the birthday girl 🙂 But I was royally treated with lots of birthday love, plus Chinese take-out, DQ ice-cream cake, music, flowers and phone calls from my away from home loved ones. A perfectly lovely day!

bday-tulips

4. And then Josie turned 3!

J_K_cake

She was thrilled with her “Kitty-cat” birthday cake – she leaned over, gave her mummy a big hug, and said “Thank you so much for my cake Mommy and Daddy!” Made my heart melt.

Josie-cake

And what a cute cake! Both Dorothy and Kathleen created such lovely birthday cakes. I need to take some decorating lessons from them.

Josie-bday

Little Josie-girl ~ it’s hard to believe you’re three! Happy Birthday sweetheart! ❤

5. Now . . .  I could talk about snow.

snow-2015

and how we almost broke the all time high record for snowfall  kept on the Island.

snow-Sophie

(full disclosure – there is a fallen spruce tree underneath that pile  and it’s also where Roger shovelled the snow off the deck. So perhaps it wouldn’t be quite that high)

But I, like every other Islander, am sick of snow. It’s fine in winter and I like it then. But in spring?? No thank you. But I mention it because the blog is for memories right? And I’m sure when we’re very old and grey, we’ll say “Remember the winter of 2015?”

But right now I want to think of spring and snow melting and sunshine and warmth and birds singing and flowers and kayaking!

open-water-point-prim

Yes that’s open water! I’m hoping to be out there very soon!

Point_Prim_kayak

Happy, happy sigh!

Happy Friday to you – thanks so much for visiting!  I hope your blessing list is too long to count!

with love

PS – for more Friday Favourites visit Susanne at Living To Tell the Story.

FFF tulips

22 thoughts on “Friday’s Blessing List

What a round of birthdays you have had. Happy birthday to everyone!!! Looks like everyone was well celebrated.

A good week for birthday celebrations! I’m very very late to the FFF party, but I can still appreciate all these lovely smiles. Surely the snow will melt and you’ll be reveling in colorful blooms and beauties. And when it comes again, we’ll be ready for your snow rhapsodies 😉

3. Rosella Leis says:

Beautiful pictures filled with happiness, love and celebrations! Happy Birthday to you and to your loved ones. Your grands are absolutely adorable. So glad to hear and see that Spring has finally arrived.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Rosella!

4. Gattina says:

Very cute pictures ! There are a lot of birthdays in April I noticed 4 friends and my husband ! So you still sit in the snow how awful ! Hope for you that spring will move in soon !

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Gattina – thankfully the snow is disappearing!

5. anneliese says:

Precious little ones celebrating birthdays! Truly one of our biggest blessings! Too bad there was not picture of you! So … are you no longer the same age as the year you were born? I just want to stay this age. =)

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

haha – I thought of that Anneliese. I’m creeping closer and closer to 3×20 🙂

6. Faith says:

wow!!! a month of wonderful birthday blessings and HOW is it possible that adorable Josie is THREE already??? wow. Time flies for sure! I’m also hoping to get our kayaks in the water….most likely next month! Spring has finally sprung and it feels wonderful!! Enjoy your weekend Kathie!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Faith – i’m hoping to get on the water tomorrow as long as there’s no wind. I can hardly wait!

7. Barbara H. says:

Wow! A whole bunch of birthdays this month! Happy birthday to all! Those cakes are gorgeous.

I would be totally ready for the snow to leave now, too – in fact, I was weeks ago and didn’t have nearly as much as you did. The open water looks so inviting.

Lovely photos of your kids and grandbabies!

1. Kathie says:

Didn’t the girls do a nice job with the cakes Barbara? I’m very blessed to have such talented daughters in law!

8. Bev Klassen says:

Happy Birthday Kathie! You do have a lovely blessings list that is heavy on the birthdays! That’s all good. Gorgeous G-kids – love the bow tie, the sweet thank you for the cake and that beautiful bunch of tulips. Hoping for you that all that piled up snow disappears quickly and that you can get back into you kayak soon.

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Bev! Isn’t that bow tie adorable?? A sweet little hipster 🙂

9. Ellen says:

Ahh, so many wonderful littles and bigs to celebrate at your place. Love the bow tie on dear little Oscar! And what a sweet sweet response from Josie for her cute cake! You are blessed dearly my friend. Looking forward to seeing some new photos in the future of you out on the water!!

1. Kathie says:

I know Ellen – that bow tie kills me 🙂 and that thank you from Josie was adorable. Hoping to have some water photos for you tomorrow!

10. Willow says:

Oh wow! Happy Birthday many times over! So many birthdays all at once. And a special shout out to you. I know how it is to be the photographer–never any photos of me, either.
    I’ll be posting more sunshine, sand and sea photos this weekend. Come on over and get a dose of encouragement. Soon you’ll have real spring!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Willow – we walked down to the beach and my friend said “I can smell salt water” and I answered, “I think I’m going to cry” 🙂 You can’t smell it until the ice starts to melt. And I miss it terribly in the winter. hopefully I’ll be out tomorrow.

11. Blessings indeed! A month of birthday celebrations are blessings for sure. Sweet photos of everyone too. I know what you mean about being the one behind the camera. It seems we get left out a lot. 🙂 You sure have a lot of snow there yet. Amazing. Ours is going very fast this past week and the rivers are filling up. I hope you have a nice weekend and can soon get out kayaking. Blessings.
    Pam

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

I really enjoyed your video of the river ice melting. That was amazing! we don’t really have that here. although we can some strong currents and ice movement. we have to be a bit careful when we’re out in the kayaks 🙂

12. jerralea says:

What a beautiful blessing list! Happy birthday to all who celebrated birthdays!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thank you so much Jerralea!