Hi there and welcome to Friday’s Fave 5 list. Lots of reasons to be thankful around A Sparrow’s Home this week!
1. Look what Paper Lions are up to! I love their new music. Time to get my dancing shoes on!
2. Wacky Celebrations – one of the Wackies had a significant birthday. (I’m not spilling the beans but take a closer look at the cake – baked with love by her daughter Marieke ❤ )
Happy birthday Sherry!
The Wackies know how to dress for a party, eh?
And a few days earlier we celebrated another significant event for a fellow Wacky – Rinda, and her husband Bill, moved here from the States 12 years ago and they finally made it official by becoming Canadians. We were there to cheer and join them in singing “O Canada”.
Citizens of the true North strong and
cold, oops, free!
3. Speaking of cold, the first killing frost hit this week – my poor little impatiens turned black. But these little beauties are still going strong.
Now . . . if only I could remember the name. I’m hoping one of you, my garden-expert bloggy friends, can tell me.
4. Do autumn days inspire you to bake? A cheery fire in the woodstove with old-fashioned ginger snaps and oatmeal raisin cookies cooling on the counter – so cozy!
5. This week was the kick-off for the Fall session of small groups at our church. We’re studying the book and video series All The Places to Go – How Will You Know? by John Ortberg. If our first session was any indication, this is going to be a fantastic study!
6. And now for a bonus – some Nanny blessings 🙂 I had a lovely afternoon with a little boy and his bunny this week.
and a walk with another sweet boy and his dad
and a “visit” with this darling girl and her parents via facetime.
And look – Josie and I managed a selfie when we were out on a little autumn trek together. I think we might need a bit more practice 😉
Thanks so much for dropping in – hope you enjoyed your visit!
PS – for more Friday fun visit Susanne at Living to Tell The Story
PPS – we might have had a little of the white stuff this week but you won’t be hearing about it from me 😉