It’s the last day of September and time for Friday’s Blessing list. It’s my list of happy things. I love looking for them.  And I’m glad you’ve joined me!

1.   Flowers from seed success ~
lavatera_2016

Last spring I went to Seedy Saturday at Confederation Centre Library in town.  It’s an event where farmers and gardeners share various open pollinated and heirloom seeds. I picked up some lavatera, sunflower, various greens and pumpkin seeds to plant in our garden. I had wonderful success with my lavatera – best ever!

I’m in love with sunflowers 🙂
sunflower_2016-copy

especially when they are backlit by a late afternoon golden hour in September.

sunflower_backlit-copy

2. Seedy Saturday wasn’t the only place we received free seeds. Sarah took advantage of a free seed offer, called Bring Back The Bees, sponsored by Honey Nut Cheerios and Vesey’s, a local seed company. They gave away 115 millions wildflower seeds across Canada! I planted the seeds in a little raised bed and they’ve been lovely!

bee_garden

bee_garden2

The poppies finished a couple of weeks and I thought perhaps the blooming was over for the season. All that was left was alyssum and it was getting a little scraggly. I was debating pulling the whole thing up.  But early one morning, as I was out on a photo stroll, I was surprised by these little beauties!

butterfly_garden

butterfly_garden2

Saved by the asters!

3.  Raindrops on roses everything.  Last week we had such changeable weather – dark and rainy one minute and the next thing sunlight breaking through. It made for interesting photo ops.

rain_with_sun_sept

crabapples_raindrops

hydrangea_sept

I love the look of raindrops glistening in the light. But I was hoping for something more. And I wasn’t disappointed!

rainbow_sept
Such a beauty!

4. The final batch of  Nannie’s Mustard pickles  finished for 2016!

pickles_2016

pickle_jar

pickles_2016_1

As my mother used to say, ” A good job done!”.

5. and a happy husband!

roger_pickles-copy

I think the only thing that would make his smile bigger in September would be his woodpile! 😉

Well,I hope you enjoyed your visit this week.

And I hope you have some happy things to look forward to this weekend. I have three! Paper Lions’ big album launch  is tonight – already over 900 tickets sold! I’m totally looking forward to a great evening. Tomorrow I have an all day retreat with the women of our church. And Sunday evening Roger and I are spending  time with Oscar while Mummy and Daddy celebrate a birthday/anniversary. A fun weekend ahead!rob_oscar_sept

Happy weekend!

Thanks so much for visiting!!

PS. How do you like my new blog header??  🙂 One of these days I’ll show you my  progress attempts um . . . fun with watercolour 🙂

PPS – for more Friday Blessings Lists visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story.

FFF fall background

12 thoughts on “Happy

1. Willow says:

That’s awesome that the companies are helping with free seeds! Here in the US, we have seed banks and seed sharing places at our libraries.
    I love your new header. The first thing I noticed was that your post title is moved all the way to the left.
    Your comment about noticing the asters on a photo walk is a good reminder for me to get out and do more photo walking too! I’ve gotten lazy about that.
    I hope you’ve had a great weekend!

2. rhubarbandroses.blogspot.com says:

So much beauty and blessings!!! Congrats to your Paper Lions – I saw the fb video of them singing the National Anthem in such fine style – soooo talented!!! You must let me know if they ever come our way (SW Ontario).

1. Kathie says:

They’re in TO right now Rosella!

3. Ellen says:

Fun new blog header creative you! Those seeds really bloomed beautifully for you. Love Roger’s smile! Have a happy weekend.

Pretty flowers! Is the Lavatera the same as 4 o’clocks? They look similar anyway. Yum pickles! I got a few jars, not many. I do like your header. I look forward to your “watercolor fun.” I’ve been playing in the watercolor paints lately too!

1. Kathie says:

I don’t think they’re the same Jody but they look a lot alike.

5. wendyj59 says:

Lovely photos especially of your hubby. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. Enjoy!

6. Your free garden seeds did really well. Wishing Paper Lions all the best at their concert tonight. Have a wonderful weekend!

7. karen58 says:

Wow, your flowers are gorgeous and I’m impressed that they all came from seed. Just beautiful. I love the photos in this post, especially the one of the rain.

Enjoy your weekend.

8. Barbara H. says:

Love your new blog header! I had never heard of lavatera – it’s very pretty. Your flower and raindrop and rainbow photos are lovely.

9. Debbie Z. says:

The photo of your husband with the mustard pickles is just beautiful- he looks very proud of you, indeed. I love your header! Lovely color, and beautifully done.

10. Kim says:

Lovely photos, Kathie. Blog header looks good! My mom keeps telling me to plant lavatera – beautiful flowers!