Simple everyday joys. These are the gifts that make up our lives. I’m adding them to the blessing list this week.

1.  Family traditions.

oscars-pumpkin-copy

First the feast, then the walk,

(note to self – let’s get that in earlier next year. It was almost dark by the time we made it back to the cars!)

thanksgiving-walk-collage

and then back home for Thanksgiving pie.

Image (1) pie_butterscotch.jpg for post 6198

We missed you so much Andrew, Hyekoo and Kinsey! ❤

2. Gathering chestnuts on a windy autumn day.

josie_chestnuts2-copy

“I’m on a mission Nanny!”

“What mission Josie?”

“Collecting nuts for our squirrel!” 🙂

3.  An autumn trail adventure with the wacky friends.

mooneys_pond_trail-copy

a picnic feast,

wacky_mooneys_pond_picnic2-copy

and a hike,

mooneys_pond_trail_wackies2-copy

all in a golden autumn setting

mooneys_pond2-copy

mooneys_pond1-copy

A day for the memory book!

4. The last of the tomatoes ripening on the windowsill.

tomatoes_windowsill-copy

5. Photography in autumn on PEI. I l.o.v.e. taking pictures this time of year!

autumn_leaves_2016-copy

the colours

macphersons_barn

the light

Fall_leaf_blur

The sun is shining today and I’m heading to the center of the Island with my camera. Rolling hills, long winding red dirt roads and glorious autumn vistas are all waiting for me! Like our famous little red-head said “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers!”

Thanks for visiting!

PS for more Blessing Lists, join Susanne at Living To Tell The Story

FFF fall background

22 thoughts on “October’s Gifts

1. Just beautiful pictures. This is my very favorite time of year.

2. susan2009 says:

Family traditions are the best. And when you take time to capture them (like you do) in photos, they can be relived. Double the blessing. ANd you can shre them with absent family members.

Love the mission your little Josie was on. Very precious.

Autumn certainly does favour your spot of the world. I plan on visiting in the Fall and Summer.in order to totally enjoy all PEI has to offer. I might even have some time left over to research my family roots. LOL.

Have a great week.

Wow, you are full-speed-ahead on fall colors and food and activities! And the world could do with a lot more of your fall photography 🙂 Lovely vignettes of our family day together.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Ann – this really is my favourite time of year for taking photos – no shortage of photo ops!!

4. Absolutely stunning photos!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thanks for your kind words Patti!

5. Faith says:

how beautiful as always! love the family hike pic and what a perfect spot for an autumn picnic with a friend! I love that Anne quote as well and have used it on facebook at times. 😀

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you northern friends!!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Faith! You would enjoy that hike I think – although it wouldn’t be quite as challenging as your mountain trails!

6. Rosella says:

Simply lovely!!!!

Awesome family photos and gorgeous autumnal captures. You must have so much fun clicking that camera. Your friends look like fun gals.

1. Kathie says:

They are such fun friends! we have a lot of laughs together 🙂

8. Ellen says:

October is quite glorious on your sweet island! Love that you take full advantage of it!

1. Kathie says:

It doesn’t last long Ellen so I try to enjoy every minute!

9. Beverly Klassen says:

I’m looking forward to the day I can look up some of these enchanted Haunts of yours. So Beautiful! Maybe fall is the best season to visit PEI.

1. Kathie says:

well Bev, I think it would be a toss up between summer and fall. If you’re a beach lover then definitely come in the summer. If you love hiking and the autumn colours then pick October. This year has been particularly lovely – lots of sunny days and warmer than usual temps. Why bother choosing?? Come in the summer AND the fall 🙂

Liked by 1 person

10. Barbara H. says:

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to you! Looks like a great time! Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous area!

1. Kathie says:

Thank you so much Barbara – we had a great Thanksgiving!

11. Amy says:

Beautiful!

1. Kathie says:

Thanks Amy -glad you enjoyed it!

12. Kathie, these are gorgeous photos!! Every one of them are wonderful and so colourful. Enjoy your wanderings on those red dirt roads. Looking forward to seeing what you capture. Blessings. Pam

1. Kathie says:

Awww – thanks Pamela!! It’s not hard to take gorgeous shots this time of year – here on the Island and in NB! We live in a beautiful part of the world!!