Can you believe we’re almost to the end of October? Our weather has been wonderful – lovely mild days more like the beginning of September than the end of October! It’s not hard to find reasons to be thankful so I’m joining with Susanne and the Friday Fave crew.
1. We’ve had a few heavy frosts at night and my window-boxes were looking rather straggly. I cleaned them out for the year but I couldn’t bear to get rid of my hanging baskets. A few blooms are still going strong. In fact, the tiny white flowers are doing better than they did all summer!
My hydrangea bush survived the frosts as well. I love how the petals turn from periwinkle blue to pink, mauve, orange and silver-grey in the fall.
2. It was so lovely and summery this week, the wackies just had to go to the beach. I forgot my camera but my iphone filled in nicely.
An October picnic! Our rule is “Bring a sandwich and something to share.”
The water was a tad chilly but we’re an intrepid group. 🙂
A walk along the shore does the heart good ~ especially with dear friends!
3. The fall colours are still spectacular!
But we had a warm, gusty wind last night, so they won’t last much longer.
I find it hard to stay in when the sun shines. The fall photo ops are quickly dwindling.
4. Speaking of photo ops, we had a fun time last weekend with John, Kathleen and family. I’ve only just started the editing process but I had to do this little sequence for the blessing list. I laugh every time I view it.
And then, the inevitable . . .
That was the end of that pose! 🙂
5. As October slips away, the days grow steadily shorter. But even though they’re brief, they’re more lovely than ever.
The sun’s rays turn all to golden splendour.
Sophie and I like to walk in the woods on these golden evenings.
Sophie is 14.5 years and still trotting along with me.
She likes to run ahead, then turn and look, as if to say, “You still coming?” 🙂 Such a good old dog!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. It’s been lovely to hear from so many of you.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
PS for more Friday Faves, visit Susanne at Living to Tell The Story