I’m counting the happy things this week – the lovely things – the things that made me smile –  the blessings!

1.  Beginning with stunning sunrises.

The leaves are almost all gone – although the giant old oaks around our church are still hanging on.

2. Last weekend was a busy one. We had our Alpha weekend at the church. Around 100 people came out and it was amazing! Excellent teaching, lots of laughter, new friendships and great food! I was on the babysitting team and we had so much fun with the little ones!

3. It just so happened that our annual Gorgeous Gaggle of Girls Get-together was last weekend too! We’ve been friends since elementary school.

Anne was our wonderful hostess. Notice the little decorations? Yes, this is the year for most of us – we turned 60! We just kept saying to one another, it doesn’t seem possible! 🙂

This was our view from the deck of Anne and Danny’s beautiful new home – right on the Montague River where we all grew up.

And here we are! It’s such a gift to be with your childhood friends – laughter, fun, great food and oh. the. stories!! Thanks for such a wonderful day girls!!

4. A favourite time of the week for Roger and me is Sunday afternoon – that’s when we have a little facetime with these two sweethearts. (and their mummy and daddy, of course! :))

Cian age 11 mos

Kinsey – age 3

5. Look who came knocking on our door on Halloween night -a beautiful princess and a dashing pirate!

Josie-5 & Isaiah-3

And I don’t want to forget their mummy – aka “Aerobics Rhonda” 🙂

Sarah delivered some treats in town to a little dinosaur, Red Riding Hood and a Big Bad wolf . (thanks for the pictures Dorothy!)

Oscar-3 Ivy & Ezra almost 1

Oh my heart – these grandbabies of ours. ❤

Such a week! Thanks so much for joining me in all the fun.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

PS -for more Friday Fun visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story

20 thoughts on “Counting . . .

1. anneliese says:

Oh, I loved going through this post! The big bad wolf, and little red riding hood and the facetiming with far away sweethearts and a group of friends where I could fit right in, having turned 60 this year! I can’t believe it either!

1. Kathie says:

1957 was a good year!! 😉

Hmmm, I was just thinking of you, Kathie, as I chatted with a client who is trying to figure out where to vacation the last week of December. She’s wanted to go to PEI, but was afraid snow storms might make it a difficult visit that late in the year. Glad to see all your gladnesses.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

I don’t think I’d recommend PEI in the last week of Dec.unless you were coming here to visit family and friends – or you really love snow 🙂

The kids in their costumes made me smile. Such gorgeous pictures of your sunrises. That is amazing that 100 people came out for your Alpha weekend!

Liked by 1 person

4. Willow says:

Oh yes, those grandbabies! They are all so cute!
    Your Gaggle of Girlfriends is such a blessing! To be friends all those years!
    Have a great week.

1. Kathie says:

Yes friends are one of the greatest blessings!

5. Rosella says:

Many wonderful blessings to be counted indeed! What a young looking 6-0 group! Your grand babies are absolutely adorable!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Sweet comment Rosella – thanks!

6. Barbara H. says:

Sounds like great event at your church! I turned 60 this year as well and had the same thought – how in the world did that happen so fast!? Glad you were able to get together with friends and have such a great time. What a cute bunch of grandchildren!

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Thank you Barbara!

7. Ellen says:

Such a fabulous overload of cuteness here! Love all the photos of the grands…magical. Yippee for facetime when littles live across the ocean. Lots to be thankful for, Kathie.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

So right Ellen!!

8. Beautiful grandbabies! Longtime friendships are the best. Our group is hitting the big 6-0 this year, too. At least we have good friends to share the experience with, right?

Liked by 1 person

1. Kathie says:

Exactly right Karen! Thanks!!

9. Faith says:

oh how fun!!! those grandchildren! and how awesome that,you still are in touch with so many childhood friends. you all look fab!! I have 2 more years before the big 60 and it IS hard to believe!!

LOVE the photo with the church steeple!!

Liked by 1 person

10. Wendy says:

Wonderful photography. Amazing Blessings. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person