Friday (ok Saturday!) and I’m counting blessings!
1. Leafy beauty ~ Blustery winds and rain pelted us this week, with only a few, brief patches of sunshine. Autumn is living up to its other name, Fall, as the trees are rapidly shedding their leafy splendour.
It seems to me that we lose the bright crimson and orange leaves first, although I don’t know if that’s an accurate scientific observation. Perhaps I notice it because they’re such a brilliant pop of color in the Island autumn palette.
However, all the red shades haven’t disappeared. The blueberry fields in October are a bright blanket of scarlet and orange.
During the sunny spells this week, I grabbed my camera and headed out beneath the deep blue autumn sky to capture the last days of October’s beauty.
2. Another thing of beauty – my beloved’s woodpile. It’s not only a work of art, with its perfectly placed sticks of wood, it also serves an essential purpose.
I am so very thankful for his hard work in providing warmth and heat for us. And I also appreciate the art of the woodpile (which is now perfectly stacked in his woodshed for the winter), but this is what I really love – a cheery fire crackling in the kitchen stove. Although we have an oil furnace and a second stove downstairs, this stove is our main source of heat.
Mila appreciates the cozy warmth too.
3. Beach Beauty ~ the beaches are wind-swept and solitary this time of year, but this didn’t stop the Wackies from taking one of our members to her favourite spot for a birthday picnic.
It was a chilly day, but the woodstove in the picnic shelter kept us warm.
A delicious home-made tomato soup helped too – thanks Rachel! (Recipe coming soon)
And of course, good company and lots of laughter always warms the heart! (though we missed your bright smile Shirley!)
4. Creature beauty – on the way home that day, we stopped the car for a rare sight.
A stunning silver fox on the roadside.
Those topaz eyes!
5. Mama Beauty ~ it’s so exciting to be in “Baby Watch” mode! I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without my phone and I’m paying close attention to every facebook “ping” because we have a family message thread. We’re waiting, watching and praying for the newest little members of our family to arrive!
and beautiful Hyekoo – due in early December.
Such blessings from the Lord’s hand! My heart can hardly contain them. It feels like this verse from Luke “A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over!”
My prayer for you is a heart filled to overflowing with His blessings too.
Thanks for sharing my joy this week.
PS – for more Friday Favourites visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story