I’m just diving right in, because there’s just no catching up on this whirlwind year! I’m so glad to count blessings again with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. All this beauty . . .
Simple everyday joys. These are the gifts that make up our lives. I’m adding them to the blessing list this week.
1. Family traditions.
First the feast, then the walk, Continue reading
The tree is down, the ornaments are packed away and it’s quiet here. Roger and I are resting up after a wonderful, rich, packed Christmas celebration ~ the best yet! Continue reading
Friday’s Blessing List with Susanne at Living To Tell The Story
1. Most of the tulips are gone but, in my shade-covered garden, a few late bloomers linger.
2. My Mother’s Day tree, a flowering crabapple, bursts into bloom for one glorious week. I made it my blog banner to enjoy its beauty a while longer.
3. A woodland birthday picnic with friends!
4. Another amazing conference with our dear Irish friends, Robin Mark and Paul and Priscilla Reid. You wonder how it can get better year after year – but it does! Overflow crowds, heartfelt worship, wonderful teaching and the rich presence of God. We’re so thankful!
5. I have my beloved home from General Assembly this week and we’re looking forward to a little visitor this evening. It’s all good!!
Friday blessing list time!
1. A wonderful Mother’s Day weekend starting with a romantic dinner with my beloved on Friday. We ate at Sims, a wonderful restaurant in Charlottetown. Kyle Panton, the award winning chef, is a family friend – we’ve known him since he was a toddler 🙂 If you’re ever on the Island, and want an exceptional dining experience, make sure to visit Sims.
2. Saturday was another special day – our daughter in law, Nora, graduated with her B.Sc. in Nursing. We’re so proud of her!
She has a proud hubby too!
On Sunday morning this puzzle greeted me over the kitchen sink 🙂 It was such a fun Mother’s Day celebration – a family barbeque and a noisy game of 10,000.
3. Exercise I pulled a muscle in my leg bowling – honestly! Talk about feeling old . . . 🙂 But I’ve been faithfully doing Pilates along with some stretching exercises and I’m finally able to sit cross-legged without wincing. This Pilates set on youtube is great – only 20 min long and it really targets the abs. I still can’t do everything he does but I’m progressing and my stomach muscles let me know about it! They hurt. I also pinned an arm toning exercise set. I noticed Ellen.B pinned it too. Let me know how you’re doing with it Ellen. I don’t know about the 7 days claim – but I measured my arm at the widest part yesterday so I’ll report back next week. If you want to join me, let me know in the comments.
4. It’s tulip time in Prince Edward Island. It’s so lovely to drive by and see the rows of tulips – like bright ribbons in the sunshine.
5. Babysitting Josie. I’m so thankful they live close by. Josie and I had a lot of fun playing with blocks – I would build a tower and she would knock it down and then burst into gales of laughter. Oh my – she laughed so hard she had tears in her eyes. Wish I could have captured it on video.
Thanks so much for dropping in this week.
Hope you have a great weekend!
PS ~ For more Friday Favourite fun, visit Susanne at Living to Tell The Story.