OCTOBER was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshineand the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths.
Anne reveled in the world of colour about her.
Happy Friday! It’s blessing list time again.
1. Golden as sunshine, royal crimson, dark red, bronzy green. I’m like Anne with an e ~ revelling in the world of colour around me.
2. The Island’s narrow, clay roads are magical this time of year.
They twist and turn over steep hills and dip through valleys.
They lead through tunnels of foliage.
It’s quite easy to get lost. But not for long.
Sooner or later, you’ll find yourself on a road that leads to the sea. It’s a special perk when you live on a small Island.
3. A lovely afternoon apple-picking with www friends.
We like to mix a little fun with our work 🙂
4. We had a lovely afternoon to celebrate Dorothy’s 30th birthday. We missed James, who had to work, and Andrew and Hyekoo in the UK, but the rest of the gang made it out to Belfast. I planned a woodland picnic because I knew Dorothy would love it. And I was right.
What fun we had!
Look at them – the picture of happiness. Birthday joy and something else . . .
5. which leads to my final blessing for this week. Can you guess? Look what Robbie gave Dorothy for a birthday present.
Oh.my.heart. Full to overflowing. Thank You Lord for tiny blessings – they’re the best of all!
And thanks to you for sharing in my joy this week.
PS for more Friday Faves, visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story